Cutting off hair in ancient Asia (Japan, china, Korea & possibly some other Asian cultures) symbolizes being banished or rejected from their home. In the more modern age that is now, cutting long hair into a short cut means to forget the past, leaving the old and starting anew.
Here’s a Inktober Senshi Sketch!
I DID. IT GOES A LONG WAY OF EXPLAINING WHY ALL MY FRIENDS HAD OWLS, RIGHT?
Have a gratuitous shot of the orientation owls we received as wee froshlings circa 2006.
Was just browsing frilly shirts on Amazon.
I laughed so hard I woke my husband who was sleeping two rooms over.
"The Turn of the Story" by Sarah Rees Brennan.
So far magic school was total rubbish.
Hands down my favorite photo from NYCC. Sadly, I don’t know the identities of either cosplayer, or I’d happily credit.
UPDATE: Lin Beifong is mistyautumn.
sci-fi episodes i want:
- ship’s computer crashes due to virus acquired during a porn download from a lower decks ensign
- firmware update was pushed out to the fleet, has vital error in the clock program that causes every computer to repeat 2300. translators have to explain to the enemy why everyone is an hour late to peace talks.
- unintelligble message is sent out into the void because someone’s pet cat walked across their keyboard. message is interpreted as a marriage proposal.
- universal translators break, everyone is reduced to hand gestures
- viewscreen has dead pixels in the upper left corner, drives the captain a bit bonkers
- space gps tells us to take a right where we should take a left. plucky recent academy grad on the graveyard shift realizes that this would take us into the sun and makes the course correction. ship’s computer advises her for two hours to make a u-turn when it is safe to do so
SOMEONE’S pet cat?
File Name: makin babies.jpg
Wow awkward much